Tplinkwifi net login page helps me to access and manage my TpLink Router. You can also access the page using http://tplinkwifi.net or Default IP Address. Here are the quick information to access the TP-Link router if your router is set up perfectly.
Whenever I get issues to Access TP-Link Router IP Address or tplinkwifi.net, I followed these troubleshooting steps.
How to access and login TP-Link Router admin settings page
First, you need to connect to the wireless network of your TP Link router –
- Scan for the list of Wi-Fi networks available from the device you are using.
- Look for your TP-Link wireless network and insert the password. [Note: The default TP-link username and password are written on the label of your router]
Here are the steps to scan for wireless networks available for connection –
- Find the Wi-Fi icon on the notification panel of your apple phone, or if you are using a computer then you should see the wifi icon at the lower right corner of your screen. Click the icon.
- Now the Wifi will turn on and you will be shown all the available wireless networks near you.
- When you see the TP-Link wireless network information, click to select and wait for it to connect. The default TP-link username and password are written on the label of your router
- If you don’t see the Wi-fi icon then You can also access the list of available networks via the control panel on your computer or laptop. For this search control panel on your computer and then select “Network and Internet” > “Network and Sharing Center” > “Change Adapter settings” > right click on “WiFi” > select “Connect/Disconnect”.
- You will be able to see all the available wireless networks near you in a list.
Steps for how to connect your TP Link router through wired connection-
- For this, you need to connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports of the router and another one to the Ethernet port of your computer.
Here are the steps you need to follow to login to your TP Link router –
- First, make sure to check whether the TCP/IP protocol settings on your computer are set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” mode on your computer.
- Now open a web browser on your computer or Laptop.
- Go to the URL bar and type http://tplinkwifi.net then press enter. You can also use the default IP address 192.168.0.1. and press enter.
- The Log in the wizard should be displayed on your screen now.
- You need to Login using your username and password. Here, you can use the default username and password “admin” for both fields.
- Click the “Log In” option.
- Click the wireless icon on your device and select your TP Link wireless network from the list.
- Use the default password printed on the router label to connect.
- Once your device is connected you can access www.tplinkwifi.net or www.tplinkwifi.com
- Simply connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your PC.
- Connect the other end of your Ethernet cable to TP-Link Router LAN Port 1,2,3 or 4
- Once you are connected you can access www.tplinkwifi.net or www.tplinkwifi.com
Common issues with TP-Link WiFi Router
If you have a problem with your device not being able to detect any WiFi network,
You should try the following solutions-
- Open your computer settings and check if the wireless adapter is properly installed and enabled.
- Ensure that the wireless switch is not disabled.
- Inspect the services settings of your computer. You can do this by clicking “Start” > Enter “Computer Management” in the search bar and the Computer Management window will open.
If your device can find the other available networks but is having issues detecting your network try these steps –
- Check whether the WLAN LED light is blinking. Check whether the power button is ON or OFF and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Check your router’s wireless settings to Make sure you “Hide SSID” option is not enabled. If it is enabled the just disable it and your network should now be visible.
- Also make sure you have selected your current Region/Country in the settings as different countries have different wireless channel laws. For example, USA allows 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11 whereas UK allows from 1 to 13. If you selected UK region while living in USA, your computer will be unable to catch the wireless signals.
If you can’t connect to your WiFi network
- If this is the first time you are trying to connect to your wireless network, you might be asked to enter a PIN. You need to find the PIN on the Label of the router on its backside. Remember, PIN is not same as password/security key.
- If you are unable to enter the PIN or the pin you entered is incorrect and it shows error message when you enter the PIN then, select “Connecting using security key instead” option.
- If you get the error: “Windows unable to connect to the network” try the following steps –
- It might be a weak signal issue. So, bring your device closer to the router for a strong signal.
- Check the wireless settings of your router to ensure “Wireless MAC Filtering” and “Access Control” options are not enabled.
- Try changing the wireless channel of your TP Link router to 1, 6 or 11 (for 2.4GHz network). In case, you are unable to access the wireless settings of your router then, you must contact TP Link router support for assistance.
- Try changing the wireless channel width and also configure the wireless security encryption.
- You can also connect using WPS button on your router. Just find the WPS button and press it then does the same for the adapter.
- Try to check for updates for wireless adapter drivers. If there is an update available then you should update it and if no update is available try to uninstall and reinstalling the driver.
If your device is connected to the network but can’t access the internet
Follow the below step-by-step process carefully if internet not working –
- First, make sure to check whether the TCP/IP protocol settings on your computer are set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically” in your computer or Laptop.
- Open the Run prompt by pressing “Window key + R”. Type ‘cmd’ in the run prompt and click “OK”.
- The command prompt window CMD will be displayed on your screen. Type ‘ipconfig – all’ in the CMD and press Enter.
- If it displays your IP address as 169.254.xxx.xxx. you need to get a new IP address by typing ‘ipconfig –renew’ and press Enter.
- If the IP address displayed is still not proper you need to check if DHCP on your router is enabled.
- For this, you need to Log in to the admin panel of your router using http://tplinklogin.net or using the default IP address 192.168.0.1. Use the default login and password to log in.
- When you successfully login to the admin panel, go to the Status page to check the WAN part. If it shows the IP address in the list then your router is successfully configured and connected to the internet. If it does not show the IP Address then check the internet connection line. The problem might be on your internet provider’s side.
- Open the CMD and Test the connection by doing ping a public IP address 126.96.36.199. Then check the IP address on the WAN port of the status page.
- If this fails, you need to renew the WAN IP address. If the ping is successful then you can now browse websites.
- If you are unable to browse any website, you should change your DNS servers. For this, go to SELECT and choose the following options from the list – “NETWORK” > “DHCP Server”->DHCP Settings. Type 188.8.131.52 for the primary and 184.108.40.206 for the secondary then. Click Save in the end.
After that just Reboot your router once and try to access the internet again.
Why can’t I log into my TP Link Router? (FIX)
If you can’t log into your TP Link router, then follow these steps below to login-
- Check the LED lights of the router to see the working status of your router. If the lights are green it means it is working properly. But if any of the lights are red that means there is a problem so, follow the next steps.
- Try to Reboot your TP-Link router by turning it off and on again.
- If the connection is wired, remove the Ethernet cable and reconnect it. Make sure its properly connected to both router and computer.
- Don’t forget to check whether the TCP/IP protocol settings on your computer are set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically”.
- Now open a browser on your connected device and enter the web address http://tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar. You can also use the IP address 192.168.0.1 to access the login page of your router’s admin panel.
- If you encounter an error on the browser, try a different browser to access the log in page again.
- Open the settings of your computer or Laptop –
- Open the control panel of your computer or Laptop.
- Check the internet properties on your computer.
You should be able to see “Internet options” wizard by doing the following -> Click “Start” > Select “Control Panel”> “Network and Internet” > “Internet Options”. The Internet properties wizard will open on your screen.
- Select “Connections” from the options.
- Choose the “Never dial a connection” radio button.
- Go to “LAN settings” and untick automatic configuration and proxy server options.
- Press “OK”.
- Then open the “Advanced” option tab.
- Select “Restore advanced settings”. And, click “OK”.
- If the issue is still not fixed the You need to reset the router to default factory settings. Remember that Resetting the router would change your configuration settings back to the default settings. Therefore, you will have to reconfigure the router according to your preferred settings afterward.